[Insight-users] "Topological image coordinates" ?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 18:46:18 EDT 2009

In the itkSoftwareGuide page: 36 index and size for a image region is
described. It says that:

     "Index is represented by a n-dimensional array where each
component is an integer indicating—in topological image
coordinates—the initial pixel of the image."

As I understand the following 512*512 image has these (physical) dimensions:

 (0,512)            (512,512)
      | - - - - - - - - - - - |
    (0,0)               (0,512)

which means that X approx. has the following (physical) index: (256, 0)

Is this a correct understanding of "Topological order"?

In a previous post I got some results which does not fit with the
above definition, hopefully the above example clarifies my question.