[Insight-users] Detecting border of a segment

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Sep 28 09:31:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 12:28 +0200, Michael Xanadu wrote:
> typedef itk::LabelOverlayImageFilter<ImageType,ImageType,ImageType>
> LabelOverlayImageFilterType;
> LabelOverlayImageFilterType::Pointer overlayer =
> LabelOverlayImageFilterType::New();
>
> where ImageType is this:
>
> typedef itk::Image< short, 3> ImageType;

Take a look at the documentation for this class, here :

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1LabelOverlayImageFilter.html#_details

and look at the insight journal article it links to.

That the documentation refers to color mapping makes me think that the
output image type must be something like :

typedef itk::Image< itk::RGBPixel< unsigned char>, 3> OutRGBImageType;

Also the pixel type of short is small for a label image, but it could be
fine as long as you don't have very many segments.