[Insight-users] Principal Component Analysis

Ramón Casero Cañas ramon.casero at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 28 13:48:28 EDT 2009

Luis Ibanez wrote:

>     4) The Doxygen documentation is not intended to provide
>        training in medical image analysis. It is only intended
>        to describe the API of C++ classes, and it is expected
>        that you are familiar with the concepts behind the
>        particular image analysis technique.
>
>        Before you continue attempting to use these classes
>        you must read the following papers:
>

>  [1] Cootes T., Taylor C., et. al,
>      Active Shape Models - Their training and application,
>      Comput. Vis. Image Understanding, vol. 61, pp. 38-59, 1995.
>

>  [2] D. H. Douglas and T. K. Peucker,
>      Algorithms for the reduction of the number of points required
>      to represent a digitized line or its caricature,
>      Canadian Cartographer 10(2), pp. 112--122, 1973.

With apologies for linking to something I have written, sections 4.4 and
4.5 in my PhD thesis have a general overview of PCA, that Mark may find
useful

http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/files/2376/thesis.pdf

Best regards,

Ramon.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807