[Insight-users] Follow up: About the up-sampling of deformation field from low resolution to high in Examples/DeformableRegistration6

Mengda Wu wumengda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 17:13:26 EDT 2010

Hi all,

    I just would like to follow up with my last email. I think the
up-sampling code (line 340 to 375) is wrong.

   Since the ResampleImageFilter is operated on the coefficients (not the
deformation field mentioned in my last email), what its output should
be already coefficients (not the deformation field) in higher resolution.
Using BSplineDecompositionImageFilter to get the coefficients again
does not make sense.

   For reference, a method for up-sampling of the deformation field is
mentioned in Mattes's 2003 paper, in particular equations (17) and (18).

Thanks,
Mengda