[Insight-users] Visualization of vector field

Stephen Yip stephen.fyip1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 17:22:05 EDT 2010

Hi,

I downloaded Paraview as well as VTK for visualization. However, I am unsure
how to use them. I googled for a little bit, but the resources online aren't
very helpful.

A vector field is obtained from deformable registration using ITK. The x-
and y-components are output as x.hdr and y.hdr respectively. ITK also
produces mhd and raw files of the vector field.

ParaView doesn't open hdr file. Googling tells me to convert the hdr to vtk
file so that the file can be opened by ParaView.

I therefore have the following questions:

1. Does anyone know how I can convert hdr to vtk file?

2. Does anyone know how I can display the vector field without converting
the file type?

Thank you,

Stephen