[Insight-users] Fuzzy c-means

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 2 12:54:50 EDT 2010

Hi Edoardo,

You are right, we don't have an implementation of Fuzzy c-means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_analysis#Fuzzy_c-means_clustering

It should be, however, relatively easy to implement it by combining
the existing elements in the Statistics Framework:

                   Insight/Code/Review/Statistics

Notice in particular:

itkDistanceToCentroidMembershipFunction.h
itkMixtureModelComponentBase.h

If you decide to implement this method, we will strongly encourage you
to contribute your code to ITK by submitting it as a technical report to
the Insight Journal.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Procedure_for_Contributing_New_Classes_and_Algorithms

Please let us know if you run into any problems while implementing
this classification method.

     Thanks,