[Insight-users] Convex Hull?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Apr 3 18:42:24 EDT 2010

Hi Harvey,

There is no explicit way of computing the convex hull
of an object in an image at this point in the  toolkit.

However, you could get very close by using the class

       itkVotingBinaryIterativeHoleFillingImageFilter.h

You could also get there by running a level set function
in such a way that only the concave regions of the front
will propagate forward, or by running a level set on the
negated image, in such a way that all convex parts of
the front propagate inwards.

Should you decide to implement this filter, we will strongly
encourage you to share it with the ITK community by
posting it as a technical report to the Insight Journal.

                http://www.insight-journal.org