[Insight-users] 3d FEM registration

Stephen Yip stephen.fyip1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:53:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am using DeformableRegsitration11.cxx to compute 3D image registration.
Does anyone know how I may fix the problem?

I keep getting the error message:
Reading config file...A3.txt
Example configured. E 3 rho 3
 reading moving
 reading fixed
Exception caught during reference file reading

Below is what I have in my parameter file.

itk::ImageFileReaderException (015BF9CC)
Location: "void __thiscall itk::ImageFileReader<class itk::Image<unsigned
char,3>,class itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<unsigned char>
>::GenerateOutputInformation(void)"
File: c:\itk\src\code\io\itkImageFileReader.txx
Line: 100

% Parameters for the single- or multi-resolution techniques
% ---------------------------------------------------------
1    % Number of levels in the multi-res pyramid (1 = single-res)
1    % Highest level to use in the pyramid
1 1 1       % Scaling at lowest level of pyramid
3 3 3        % Number of pixels per element
1.e4 1.e4 1.e4         % Elasticity (E)
1.e5 1.e5 1.e5     % Density x capacity (RhoC)
1    % Image energy scaling (gamma) - sets gradient step size  3 3 3    %
NumberOfIntegrationPoints
3    % WidthOfMetricRegion
30   % MaximumIterations

% -------------------------------
% Parameters for the registration
% -------------------------------
0 0.99  % Similarity metric (0=mean sq, 1 = ncc, 2=pattern int, 3=MI,
5=demons)
1.0    % Alpha
0    % DescentDirection (1 = max, 0 = min)
0    % DoLineSearch (0=never, 1=always, 2=if needed)
1.e1    % TimeStep
0.5     % Landmark variance
0       % Employ regridding / enforce diffeomorphism ( >= 1 -> true)
% ----------------------------------
% Information about the image inputs
% ----------------------------------
101 % Nx (image x dimension)
101    % Ny (image y dimension)
30     % Nz (image z dimension - not used if 2D)
G:\ITK_test\deform11\deform11\Debug\A.hdr  % ReferenceFileName
G:\ITK_test\deform11\deform11\Debug\B.hdr  % TargetFileName
% -------------------------------------------------------------------
% The actions below depend on the values of the flags preceding them.
% For example, to write out the displacement fields, you have to set
% the value of WriteDisplacementField to 1.
% -------------------------------------------------------------------
0    % UseLandmarks? - read the file name below if this is true
-    % LandmarkFileName
G:\ITK_test\deform11\deform11\Debug\D                      % ResultsFileName
(prefix only)
1       % WriteDisplacementField?
G:\ITK_test\deform11\deform11\Debug\D                        %
DisplacementsFileName (prefix only)
0       % ReadMeshFile?
-                                      % MeshFileName
END