[Insight-users] 3d deformable registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 9 18:13:27 EDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

1) The most likely source of the problem is that you are
     running out of memory.

    a) How much RAM do you have ?
    b) Do you have a 64bits operating system ?
    c) Did you compile the application as a 64bits application ?

   You may want to run the application again, as you monitor the
   memory consumption (e.g. by using the TaskManager if you are
   in Windows, or using the SystemMonitor if you are in Linux).

2) If your images are a series of 2D DICOM files you have two

      a) You can convert them to a single file 3D image by using
          the code in the Example:

              Insight/Examples/Code/IO/
                     DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx

          and then pass this 3D single file images as input to the
          deformable application.

      Or

      b) You could combine the source code of the example in (a)
          with the source code of the application that you are running
          now.

      I will suggest that you start by doing (a), and only move into (b)
      once you are comfortable writing ITK code.