[Insight-users] Shared libs discovery problem on Mac osX 10.6.3

Antonin Perrot-Audet antonin07130 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 10:10:03 EDT 2010

Hello,
we are having some trouble making ITK work with shared libraries on Mac
osX 1.-0.6.3 I have had this conversations a few month ago, and the
answer was to use static libraries.
The problem comes from the discovery of libraries, which doesn't work
correctly.
I have a correct installation of ITK on my system : build with shared
libraries, and installed with "make install"
When I start the executable, it can't find ITK's shared lib.

I have to add :
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/:/usr/local/lib/vtk-5.7/:$DYLD_$
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
to my .profile file for the discovery to work. I can then start the
executable from the command line, but the discovery still doesn't work
if I start my executable from the finder (not from the command line).

Did anyone has had this problem before ?
Is there a fix to the ITK installation ?

Thanks,

Antonin