[Insight-users] Error compiling example from CMAKE

Kim Besson kimbesson1981 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:22:56 EDT 2010

Greetings
To install ITK I used Ubuntu9.10 Package manager and to compile an example
file I'm using this website:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/ITK_Configuring_and_Building_for_Ubuntu_Linux#Compiling_an_ITK_project_from_the_command_line

in CMAKE I put where I have my example code for Hello World
At source I putted: /home/anrr/Desktop/segmentation/projects where I have a
copy of CMakeLists.txt and HelloWorld.cxx
and in binary I putted: /home/anrr/Desktop/segmentation/projects and when i
run Configure I get:

The C compiler identification is GNU

The CXX compiler identification is GNU

CMake Warning at /usr/lib/InsightToolkit/UseITK.cmake:103 (FIND_PACKAGE):

Could not find module FindGDCM.cmake or a configuration file for package

GDCM.

 Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindGDCM.cmake or set GDCM_DIR to the

directory containing a CMake configuration file for GDCM. The file will

have one of the following names:

 GDCMConfig.cmake

gdcm-config.cmake

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:13 (INCLUDE)

 CMake Error at /usr/lib/InsightToolkit/UseITK.cmake:107 (MESSAGE):

UseITK could not load GDCM settings from "GDCM_DIR-NOTFOUND" even through

ITK was built using GDCM from this location.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:13 (INCLUDE)

 Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Does anyone has an idea of what might be happening?
Thank you

KIM