[Insight-users] ITK 64-bit build

Daniel Markel tibor47 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:19:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

        I'm having trouble building ITK using visual studio 2008 professional. I generated a solution using CMake 2.8.0 selecting the win64 bit version of visual studio. I installed the 64-bit driver components in visual studio and switched to x64 configuration. However when I try to build ITK a few of the projects (such as ITKIO) give me the following error.

fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

When I add in /machine:x64 as one of the options in the librarian command line window to specify the machine, it builds correctly but I can't get CMake to do this automatically for me, it only does it for some of the projects, where as the other ones it defaults to X86.

Has anyone run into this problem? Is there an easy fix? I've tried including this option in all the flags in CMake but it still doesn't catch these projects?

-Dan