[Insight-users] ITK 64-bit build

Uday Kurkure ukurkure at uh.edu
Tue Apr 13 16:11:11 EDT 2010

I recently compiled ITK on Windows 7 -x64. Here are my 2cents for proper
installation:
1. Choose custom installation for VS2008 and check the x64 compiler
option. Install.
2. Get the SP1 for VS 2008 from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en
. Install.
3. Check if there is a Windows SDK installed already. If not, get it from
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c17ba869-9671-4330-a63e-1fd44e0e2505&displaylang=en
. Install.
4. Restart the machine.

Now things should work as normal. See if it works in your case.

~Uday