[Insight-users] Doxygen reading

Antonin Perrot-Audet antonin07130 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:30:44 EDT 2010

Hello,
I have been trying to use the Doxygen documentation, and I have some
problems finding the information I need: here are two examples :
I was implementing a morphological filter, and reading the
documentation, I could see that the typedef would be :

itk::BinaryMorphologicalClosingImageFilter< TInputImage, TOutputImage,
TKernel >

Thanks to the pdf documentation, I now exactly what can be a
TInputeImage, ToutputImage, but I have been trying very hard, with no
success to find *what could be a TKernel*???

Thanks to the pdf documentation as well I can say that the "structuring
element" classes would work here. Where can I find a quick description
of the templates in the Doxygen documentation ? because I am quite sure
that if I use a string for a TKernel, that wouldn't work.

This is an example, but it happenned with several different classes, and
thanks to the examples, I could figure out what I needed.

I have had quite a similar problem while looking for the
numericaltraits, a google search gives :

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen314/html/classitk_1_1NumericTraits_3_01FixedArray_3_01unsigned_01long_00_011_01_4_01_4.html
from that, I could go to the source, and come back to a more general
documentation.

I could not figure out how to use Doxygen to access this class' definition.

In the A-Z list, numericaltraits doesn't appear.

If someone could give me some advises and hints for using this
documentation? Otherwise, the pdf manual, and the examples are helping a
lot.

Thanks,

Antonin