[Insight-users] DeformableRegistration4 example

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 16 20:04:01 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm working through the deformable registration examples.  I'm
attempting to use the DeformableRegistration4 example with the
provided sample images and have run into some difficulties.  First,
when I try to compile, I get the error:

‘class itk::SingleValuedNonLinearOptimizer’ has no member named
‘GetStopConditionDescription’

I can get around this and compile by commenting out the line referred
to.  However, when I run I then get another error:

THE SEARCH DIRECTION IS NOT A DESCENT DIRECTION
vnl_lbfgs: Error. Netlib routine lbfgs failed.
ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0x3b82340)
Location: "virtual void itk::LBFGSOptimizer::StartOptimization()"
File: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_InsightToolkit/work/
InsightToolkit-3.14/Code/Numerics/itkLBFGSOptimizer.cxx
Line: 263
optimization

  IFLAG= -1  LINE SEARCH FAILED. SEE DOCUMENTATION OF ROUTINE MCSRCH
ERROR RETURN OF LINE SEARCH: INFO= 0 POSSIBLE CAUSES: FUNCTION OR
GRADIENT ARE INCORRECT OR INCORRECT TOLERANCES

Since I'm working with an example using the provided images, I assume
this is related to my itk installation?  Please let me know if anyone
has any leads.

Thanks!
Sara