[Insight-users] ITK-VTK pipeline progress bar help

somi seesomi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 15:39:27 EDT 2010

Hi,
I have a Qt based application where I load some image using ITK, do
segmentation, extract subsurface and display using vtk.
I need some help displaying the progress events.

I have connected the ITK and VTK pipelines .  I want to show progress of
individual as well as total progress in separate Qt progress bars.

a) How can I get the progress of the whole pipeline ? Do I have to use
QProgressDialog progress +  progress.setValue(n) + qApp->processEvents();
manually setting value of n after every filter ?

b) For individual filter progress update do I use two different classes one
overriding  itk::Command and other  vtk::Command ? Do I have to use separate
progress bar for ITK/VTK

c) What changes do I have to do if I use iterators in my pipeline ?

Thanks,
Somi