[Insight-users] Are these metrics based on "correlation ratio"?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Tue Apr 20 21:25:01 EDT 2010

Pinpress,

I don't have an answer for your first question, but in regards to
checking which version has a class, you can view the documentation for
version 3.8 by going to

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen38/html/classes.html

It appears this version has the classes you asked about.

To see the documentation for a particular version of ITK, replace 38
with the major and minor version numbers concatenated together, e.g.,
316 for 3.16.

Cory

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM, pinpress <sb_ji at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also a related question: Are these two ITK classes only available in recent
> ITK releases? I have ITK 3.8 installed, but was not able to compile (error
> message says no class was found). Can someone tell me how I can determine
> which ITK version has a specific class? I wasn't able to find such answer
> browsing through the ITK documentation.
>
> Thanks very much.
>

> pinpress wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am in need to perform registration in ITK using correlation ratio as
>> image similarity measure (Its reference can be found here:
>> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.20.1164&rep=rep1&type=pdf
>> ). I found from ITK classes the following two:
>>
>> CorrelationCoefficientHistogramImageToImageMetric
>>
>> NormalizedCorrelationImageToImageMetric
>>
>> My question is, do they implement the "correlation ratio" as similarity
>> measure? What are their differences? Thanks very much.
>>

> --

Cory Quammen
Center for Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation (CISMM)
Department of Computer Science
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~cquammen