[Insight-users] Finding saddle points in a 2D image

Roman Grothausmann roman.grothausmann at helmholtz-berlin.de
Thu Apr 22 10:09:25 EDT 2010

Dear Richard,

Many thanks for Your answers. Recommending the watershed filter for this
was a great hint. I hadn't realized (since I was not looking for a
segmentation) that the borderline of the watershed of the inverted image
is exactly what I'm looking for.

Still I'm wondering how I could find the saddle points (not the regional
minima) of a 2D image (eg. point 0,0 of the plot of the function
x*x-y*y). If I'm not mistaken those are the points where a watershed
border starts when two basins meet. So kind of the origins of the
watershed borderlines.

Many thanks again.
Roman