[Insight-users] Converting WatershedSegmentation1.cxx to c# and 3d

Carl Bateman Carl.Bateman at icr.ac.uk
Thu Apr 22 11:47:34 EDT 2010

Hi Luis,

ah yes, but how do I convert it to C#?

TIA

Carl

>>> Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> 22/04/2010 16:02 >>>
Hi Carl,

1) Yes, the WatershedSegmentation  example
    should work in N-Dimensions.

    You only need to change lines 95-100 from

  typedef itk::RGBPixel<unsigned char>   RGBPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<RGBPixelType, 2>    RGBImageType;
  typedef itk::Vector<float, 3>          VectorPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<VectorPixelType, 2> VectorImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<unsigned long, 2>   LabeledImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<float, 2>           ScalarImageType;

  typedef itk::RGBPixel<unsigned char>   RGBPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<RGBPixelType, 3>    RGBImageType;
  typedef itk::Vector<float, 3>          VectorPixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<VectorPixelType, 3> VectorImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<unsigned long, 3>   LabeledImageType;
  typedef itk::Image<float, 3>           ScalarImageType;

   and refine the value of the smoothing filter in line 146
   from the current:

               diffusion->SetTimeStep(0.125);

   to the value

             diffusion->SetTimeStep(0.0625);

    that should do the trick.

2)  It should be possible to convert it to C#
     as well...

     Have you seen the following paper ?:

      "ManagedITK: .NET Wrappers for ITK"
       Mueller D.
      Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
     http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/151
     http://hdl.handle.net/1926/501