[Insight-users] Problems with Maurer Distance Transform

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Sun Apr 25 11:58:06 EDT 2010

Hi!

I need a nice DistanceTransformation function. Danielsson is fine but
slooooow. Then I tried the SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter which is
quite fast. Unfortunately the results are quite different. It seems the
DanielsonDistanceMapImageFilter yields better results. What am I doing
wrong?

I am passing no input parameter to the filters, I just put them in the
pipeline. Maybe I am missing important parameters? They are both used
the exactly same way:

   ///// typedef typename itk::DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter<
ImageType, ImageType > FilterType;
   typedef typename itk::SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter< ImageType,
ImageType > FilterType;
   typename FilterType::Pointer filter = FilterType::New();
   filter->SetInput( itkImporter->GetOutput() );

Any idea?

Best regards,
Christian