[Insight-users] Changing the objective function

Abhik Datta findabhik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 12:29:57 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am using Mattes Mutual Information registration to register PET / CT data
and in my research I am trying to find the effect of adding two terms to my
objective function which controls the effect of the gradient matching.

My question is how do I create the new metric class?

If you can point me to some example code it will be really helpful. The
metric itself is very easy to calculate, since I have the implementation for
calculating the three terms already. I just need the new metric to be say:

Mattes_MI + x +y instead of just Mattes_MI

also is there any easier way of doing this? any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhik.