[Insight-users] Creat 3D Image using ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 26 18:22:15 EDT 2010

Hi Mohamed,

For this image that you want to create,

Would you know the number of components per pixel:

                 A) At compilation time ?

or

                 B) Only at run time ?

If (A) you can create the image by using

typedef itk::FixedArray< ComponentType, NC > PixelType;
typedef itk::Image< PixelType, ImageDimension > ImageType;

ImageType::Pointer image = ImageType::New();

// Set origin
// Set direction
// Set size and index of regions

This is described in detail in the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the "Data Representation" chapter.

You will find the corresponding source code examples under

    Insight/Examples/DataRepresentation/Image

If your case is (B), then you want to use the itk::VectorImage.