[Insight-users] openmp with itk::ImageRegionIterator

Baoyun Li baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 11:07:50 EDT 2010

Dear All:

I am trying to do some parallel mutlithread coding on the itk::Image. However I have two questions:

1 OpenMP 3.0 now surpport iteration operations:
Such as for standard stl iterator.

#pragmaompparallel for
for(it= list1.begin(); it!= list1.end(); it++)
{
it->compute();
}

How about for any itk::Iterator? Such as itk::ImageRegionIterator or itk::ImageNeiborhoodIterator, can I do similar things.

2: Inorder to use OpenMP3.0, I need to replace my GCC with the lastest version. I have itk,vtk and QT build by the earlier vesion of GCC. So if I replaced the GCC, do I need to rebuild itk,vtk and QT? I guess not, but I want to make sure from the experts before I replaced the GCC.

Thanks

Baoyun