[Insight-users] How to extract a 3D Slice

Daanen Vincent daanen at koelis.com
Thu Apr 29 10:19:12 EDT 2010

Hi Itk users,

I'm trying to extract a slice for a 3D image. I used itk::ExtractImageFilter
but it looses the collapsed dimension (see a previous post of mime in date
of today i.e. 2010.04.29)
One (Matt Mc Cormick) suggests me to use itk::RegionOfInterestImageFilter
instead of itk::ExtractImageFilter. It works fine when extracting a slice in
the acquisition direction (i.e. extract a axial slice for an axila 3D image)
but if I extract a coronal slice from a Axial 3D image (of size WxHxD), I
get D images of size (Wx1) whereas I want 1 image of size (WxD).

I do not find any filter to perform what I want.

I could do this with the following pipeline :
 1) Extract a slice using itk::ExtractImageFilter
 2) reconstruct 3D slice from 3D image and raw data

I find this a bit complicated so I would like to be sure there is no filter
to use before doing this ..

Thanks for help

Vince