[Insight-users] managed itk limitations

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:52:03 EDT 2010

Hi Carl,

Indeed, the coverage of ManagedITK is far from complete. WrapITK has
much greater coverage.

> The vector type is supported, but not all vector functions are supported, eg VectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilter.
Correct, not all vector filters are wrapped. Feel free to add wrappers
for the filters you miss. I can give you access to the Google Code SVN
archive if you are interested in helping!

> In this latter case, if I needed to map a grayscale to colour, I presume that I would need to write my own mapping routine?
What sort of mapping routine do you want to use? You may be interested
in creating your own ManagedITK wrapper for
Code/Review/itkScalarToRGBColormapImageFilter (as described here
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/285).

To create you own wrappers, following the instructions on pp 31-33 in
the ManagedITK article here:
    http://manageditk.googlecode.com/files/ManagedITK-article.pdf

Let us know if you need any further advice/help.

Cheers, Dan