[Insight-users] Problems with FFTW implementation

habibbaluwala2010 habibbaluwala at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:20:45 EDT 2010

I'm trying to use a filter named FFTWRealtoComplexConjugateFilter to find the
fft of an image . This
filter uses the FFTW library and I have problems with this library. I'm
under Windows vista and using MS Visual Studio 2008

INCLUDE(FindFFTW.cmake)

IF(USE_FFTWF)
    LINK_LIBRARIES(${FFTWF_LIB})
ENDIF(USE_FFTWF)

IF(USE_FFTWD)
    LINK_LIBRARIES(${FFTWD_LIB})
ENDIF(USE_FFTWD)

(I have included the FindFFTW.cmake in the folder)
- I then rebuilt my project with cmake by providing the same info than
those I've provided to cmake while making ITK. (switching on fftw)
-  I added the fftw libs in the Additional Dependencies in Visual Studio
(Properties -> Configuration Properties ->Linker -> Input)

When I compile after that, I have the following error messages :
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_c2r_1d...
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_c2r_2d...
  error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_c2r_3d...
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_c2r...
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_execute...
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_destroy_plan...
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_r2c_1d...
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_r2c_2d...
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_r2c_3d...
  error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_fftwf_plan_dft_r2c...

First, I don't know if I have to give the path to the libs to both ITK
and MyProject. Any clue ?
Is the Additional Dependencies step necessary ?
The problem is that someone has asked this question but the answer was not
clear enough and I could not interpret the meaning behind that .