[Insight-users] ITKVTKIntegration build problem

MrBurnst ernst_schwartz at gmx.at
Thu Aug 5 11:52:33 EDT 2010

 Hi!

I'm trying to find the 'best' way to combine ITK and VTK in a project.
(prob. visu with VTK, programm logic in ITK and interface FLTK or
platform-specific eg. Carbon - I'm on a mac, 10.6)
I'm a newbie, but from what I gathered there are many ways to achieve this.
I stumbled upon the 'ITKVTKIntegration' target in ITKApplications. Sadly, it
was the only one in the set (along with those that depend on
libITKVTKIntegration.dylib, obviously) that wouldn't build.
I got the following errors (amongst others):

"itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames::SetInputDirectory(std::basic_string<char,
std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)", referenced from:
      vtkKWImageIO::ReadImageSeries()       in vtkKWImageIO.o

"vtkObject::~vtkObject()", referenced from:
      vtkKWImage::vtkKWImage()in vtkKWImage.o

"vtkObjectBase::PrintTrailer(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char>
>&, vtkIndent)", referenced from:
      vtable for vtkKWImagein vtkKWImage.o

"vtkObjectBase::UnRegister(vtkObjectBase*)", referenced from:
      vtable for vtkKWImagein vtkKWImage.o

.... and 72 other undefined symbols.

any ideas? I triple-checked that all the header files are there and the
right directories are included.
I compiled the whole set (fltk, vtk, itk, ...) for arch i386 on os x 10.6.
everything works great, except this one lib.

thanks!
Ernst