[Insight-users] itkDifferenceImageFilter: Comparison between two images

Daniela Sacchetto danysunflower at hotmail.it
Fri Aug 6 09:38:51 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
I'm working on my images and I need your help again.

As I said this morning, I have to do:

Dfinal = Daverage < (D - 0.5)

where Dfinal, Daverage and D are 3D images.

As Sergio suggested me, I obtained
    B = (D - 0,5)
 with itkSubtractConstantFromImageFilter and it works great... Thanks! (I  use this method and not AddConstantToImage because I have to subtract).

Then I'm trying to compare my two images Daverage and B using itkDifferenceImageFilter but I'm not able to use the result.

I think that the DifferenceImageFilter output should be an image whit pixel > and < of zero... it is ok?
Now I probably should save in Dfinal only the pixel < of zero; how can I read the value of each pixel and save the only ones that I wish?
Is there some different way to obtain Dfinal?

Sorry me for my banal question but I'm a starter in this field.

Thanks anyone who'll help me

Regards
Daniela