[Insight-users] How does ITK divide image when multithreading?

Guang Yang samggyy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 08:22:40 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I am confusing about how does ITK divide image when multithreading?

For example: I've got a program use 8 threads when I check with

      int numberOfThreads = this->GetNumberOfThreads();
            std::cerr << "numberOfThreads is " << numberOfThreads <<
std::endl;

And my image is 100 by 100 in pixel, then will these 8 threads divide the
image into 8 pieces or patches?

If so, for my 100 by 100 image, every patch contains 1250 pixels, but now it
is not a square image anymore.

Does ITK put this 1250 pixels into vectors to manipulate?

Thanks very much!

Aaron