[Insight-users] multi-threading in ITK

John Drozd john.drozd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 16:56:31 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have modified ITK's patented fuzzy connectedness code to work with
multiple seeds and have run it on multiple regions.
I have segmented the brain ventricles region by region, with 5 regions being
the main body, left posterior horn, right posterior horn, left temporal horn
and right temporal horn.
I basically run the code on different regions with multiple seeds in each ,
first with a confidence connected segmentation and then merge the individual
label maps.
Would anyone be able to give me some hint of how to get ITK to recognize the
number of processors on a computer and then subdivide the segmenting of
different regions to run on different processors?

Thank you,
John