[Insight-users] Distance transform in a hurry

Benjamin King benjaminking at web.de
Thu Aug 12 15:10:10 EDT 2010

Hello,

in case you need a fast (squared) euclidean distance transform, you
should probably give the one in http://hdl.handle.net/1926/196 a
shot. I have just uploaded a new revision (the bigger archives) that
is playing well with L1 cache and is able to use OpenMP in case you
pass gcc the -fopenmp flag (or whatever enables OpenMP in your
compiler).

I have had measured 20-30 times speedup in comparison to
DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter, but depending on your hardware, the
typical image sizes you have and availability of OpenMP to you, your
mileage will vary.

If you find good results or areas for improvement, don't hesitate to
write a review. I promise that I will not wait four years again to
come back to it ;-)

cheers,
	Benjamin