[Insight-users] How ITK handles non-equal spacing images

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 20:44:03 EDT 2010

Hi Dženan,

Thanks for your input. I'm hoping to get a feeling on how to choose appropriate algorithms/filters for 3D non-equal spacing images in general. I was told that it would be more appropriate to perform 2D filters than 3D filters to the image I described in the first email (0.2 mm spacing along x, y, 1 mm spacing along z), because the spacing in z direction is five times of it along x and y. As I'm not an expert in image processing, I don't know if this is a common approach in the industry. I'm kind of hoping experts on this forum could give me some insights. Thank you again.

Regards,
Jay