[Insight-users] About itkHessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter

li xiuli xl.li.ia.ac at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 06:17:23 EDT 2010

hi itkusers,

    I hvae a small confusion about itkHessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter,
here in itkHessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.txx line 61,

  // Deal with the 2D case.
  if( numberOfSmoothingFilters > 0 )
    {
    m_SmoothingFilters[0]->SetInput( m_DerivativeFilterB->GetOutput() );
    }

  And we can see that
    unsigned int numberOfSmoothingFilters = NumberOfSmoothingFilters;
    /** Number of smoothing filters. */
    itkStaticConstMacro(NumberOfSmoothingFilters, unsigned int,

::itk::GetImageDimension<TInputImage>::ImageDimension-2);

  So I think that when the ImageDimension is 3, then
numberOfSmoothingFilters is 1, this suits numberOfSmoothingFilters > 0, so
it's the 3D case, not the 2D case. When 2D, numberOfSmoothingFilters = 0, am
I right? or I had any misunderstandings?

    Thanks

lixiuli