[Insight-users] Python Wrappers: Normal Variate Generator

A.R.Lopessimoes at ewi.utwente.nl A.R.Lopessimoes at ewi.utwente.nl
Wed Aug 18 04:40:17 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am using ITK with Python and I am trying to register two images based
on their Mutual Information and using the One Plus One Evolutionary
Optimizer. From what I understood of the ITK Software Guide, this
optimizer requires a random number generator, that in C++ can be defined
using itk::NormalVariateGenerator. However, it seems that the
"Statistics" class files are not wrapped into Python, so I can't figure
out how to define this generator. Has anyone done this before in Python?
Or how else can I use this optimizer?

Thank you in advance,

Rita