[Insight-users] threshold filter question

Suyang Mei suyang_mei at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 13:08:04 EDT 2010

Hi, all -

  I have a very basic question -

in ITK, I threshold an image (> thd) to generate the binary mask, in normal case, we can get the binary mask and do further processing for this mask. but if the image values are all less than thd, then mask will be an empty image, it will crash when if I do further processing on it.

  To avoid this crash, I can do a pixel value check for the mask, if it is zero, then I will stop doing the further process. But I think it is pretty time consuming.

  Is there any other better way to avoid the crash?

  Thanks.

Suyang