[Insight-users] Registering a 2D slice in a 3D image

Frank Miller frankmiller at jhmi.edu
Mon Aug 30 10:50:50 EDT 2010

The approach I outlined is to register a 2D slice (i.e. 2 dimensional
array of voxels in a 3 dimensional space) to a 3D volume. It is also
common to register a 2D projection image (i.e. a x-ray image) to a 3D
volume. The link given by Joachim is a method for the latter.

I should have been more clear. The term "2D/3D registration" can be
misleading.

Frank