[Insight-users] GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetFilter, segmentation of 3D ct data

Paul pare85 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:34:07 EDT 2010

Hello mailinglist,

I' m using the GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetFilter to segment
3D ct data of vertebrae. In the ITK Software Guide I only found an
example for a segmentation of 2D data.  I'm not sure about the
parameters of the optimizer. Do I have to change the values for a 3D
segmentation? In which way I have to change them?

Here some Code from ITK Software Guide I refer to

OptimizerType::ScalesType scales( shape->GetNumberOfParameters() );
scales.Fill( 1.0 );
for( unsigned int k = 0; k < numberOfPCAModes; k++ )
{
scales[k] = 20.0; // scales for the pca mode multiplier
}
scales[numberOfPCAModes] = 350.0; // scale for 2D rotation
optimizer->SetScales( scales );

double initRadius = 1.05;
double grow = 1.1 ;
double shrink = pow(grow, -0.25) ;
optimizer->Initialize(initRadius, grow, shrink) ;
optimizer->SetEpsilon(1.0e-6) ; // minimal search radius
optimizer->SetMaximumIteration(15) ;

best regards,
Paul