[Insight-users] information centric similarity measures

David R. Haynor haynor at u.washington.edu
Fri Dec 3 00:08:30 EST 2010

hi anja,

you don't say much about the exact application, but a couple of possibilties suggest themselves.  first, MI is best for cross-modality registration; if you have same-modality images, some form of correlation often works about as well, and you can certainly mix image matching criteria (appropriately scaled).  second, particularly for rigid-body registration, one way to handle things is to set up a different transformation for each pair of images and then enforce a consistency constraint by imposing penalties; then you are doing pairwise matching, but not n-way matching.

-dh