[Insight-users] Minimum/Maximum Image Filters

robert tamburo robert.tamburo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:34:21 EST 2010

I was looking for a filter that would compute the minimum/maximum value
within a region across the entire image and place that value in the output
image at the input pixel's location. Two filters by the name of
itkMinimumImageFilter and itkMaximumImageFilter exist in BasicFilters, but
do not offer this functionality. Instead, they take two images as input and
output the pairwise minimum/maximum at each pixel location.

I've produced the desired functionality in two filters, but before I submit
these filters to the Insight Journal, do these filters exist elsewhere by
some other name?

Also, the naming convention of these two filters in ITK doesn't seem very
descriptive and is inconsistent with the naming convention of
itkMeanImageFilter and itkNoiseImageFilter (although the name, in my
opinion, should be itkStandardDeviationImageFilter).