[Insight-users] Minimum/Maximum Image Filters

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Dec 10 06:59:07 EST 2010

Hi David,

Thanks for posting the example.

I just modified the CreateImage() method
to better illustrate what this filter does.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/RegionalMaximaImageFilter

It essentially find the local maxima in the
input image and mark them in the output
image.  So, the output image is a binary
image that is zero everywhere, except at
the pixels that are local intensity maxima
in the input image.

This is the filter that you may want to
run on the output of an FFT crosscorrelation
if you were looking for a face in a group
photograph, or the if you were analyzing
the parameter space of an Hough transform.

I'm not sure that this is what Robert was
asking for...   from his email, it looks like
he wanted the output pixel to have the
value of the input pixel.   On the bright side
that probably can be done with a minor
retouch of the filter source code.

but, maybe now that the example is clearer,
it would be easier for Robert to give it a try
and let us know.