[Insight-users] Translation issue in MultiResMIRegistration

Paul Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Mon Dec 20 04:55:27 EST 2010

Dear Users,

I used to use the MultiResMIRegistration from Insight Applications since
5 years at least. It had always worked... since few months.
Now, when I use it, I get a black image...
If I change :
resampler->SetOutputOrigin( m_FixedImage->GetOrigin() );
resampler->SetOutputOrigin( m_MovingImage->GetOrigin() );

I get a correct registration... except that I have translation (mainly
in Y and Z).
I have this problem with several images from several patients.

Things that have changed:
- File format: I use now Nifti instead of Analyze. Is there a trick to
know when using Nfit Format? Initial offset contained in the nifti
orintation matrix?
- MRI is not purely axial, there is a slight rotation. This rotation
itself doesn't seem to be the issue since orientation are perfect in my
Image. But maybe there is a miscalculation of pre/postTransform during
the Preprocessor step?

Thanks for your help,
Laurent.