[Insight-users] [Insight-developers] Replacing Sparse Matrix Linear Solver : due to Licensing issues

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 08:41:48 EST 2010

Eigen is LGPLv3. We just had a long discussion on the VTK developers
list about it. They claim the license is BSD friendly for template
code. They have a special FAQ )(multi-page) just to clarify the
license issues (
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Licensing_FAQ ).

I don't agree that the license is BSD and company friendly. I hate to
repeat the VTK discussion here since it's already over 40 e-mail
exchanges in a couple of days.

Bill