[Insight-users] itk::BSplineDeformableTransform BulkTransform

jef vdmb jvdmb at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:53:39 EST 2010

Hi,

I noticed something during a registration using the itk::BSplineDeformableTransform involving a bulk transform.

I am working with the optimized (threaded) framework, available in the review section. Since the transform is not threadsafe, copies of the transform are made by ImageToImageMetric. As such, the transform should provide a function GetFixedParametes() and GetParameters(), both returning an array of doubles,  wich allow to synchronize the copies with the original transform object.

Unless I missed something it would seem the bulk transform has not been included in the FixedParameters array, and is not passed in another way to the transform copies. This leads to inconsistent copies of the transform in the respective threads: the first has the bulk but the copies don't.

Regards,
Jef

PS:

One way to pass the bulk is to include in the array of doubles m_FixedParameters. A quick workaround I am using for now is to cast the the member m_BulkTransform (this time defined as a c++ pointer rather then a SmartPointer) to double in GetFixedParameters()

 this->m_FixedParameters[?]= (double)((size_t) m_BulkTransform;
And inversely, casting it back to a pointer in SetFixedParameters()....