[Insight-users] Fwd: [nitrc-open-discussion forum] Lecture Notes for Basic MRI Physics

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Feb 3 10:18:03 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Kennedy <nitrc-open-discussion at www.nitrc.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:48 AM
Subject: [nitrc-open-discussion forum] Lecture Notes for Basic MRI Physics
To: noreply at www.nitrc.org

A new forum message has been posted.  You may read and respond to this
message at:
http://www.nitrc.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=1913
Or reply to this email with your response between the following markers:
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+
(enter your response here)
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+

By: David Kennedy

I was recently asked to give a little lab presentation on basic MRI physics
to the clinicians in our program.  As this is not a talk I've given in many
years, I didn't want to create a new lecture from scratch, so I figured I'd
search the web for publicly available lectures I could borrow from. It dawned
on me, of course. that NITRC would be a great place to collect many of these
as well.  So, I thought I'd start a list in this forum thread (we can move to
a separate forum or wiki if this reaches critical mass). Note: One criteria
I applied is that I'm looking for slideshow like content, not textbook content,
suitable for a small lecture.

This list is not comprehensive, it's just the first couple of the top google
hits on a "basic mri physics lecture" google search that I happened to look at:

- http://users.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~karla/grad_program/introMRI.html Karla Miller,
FMRIB - cool simulations
- http://www.hull.ac.uk/mri/lectures/gpl_page.html Gary P. Liney, Yorkshire
Cancer Research
- http://www.ece.unm.edu/~vcalhoun/courses/fMRI_Spring07/fmricourse.htm Vince
D Calhoun, ECE595/CS591/PSYCH650
- http://www.mri-tutorial.com/tutorials/mrphysics/tutorial_frontpage.php?rec_id=
21&table_id=tutorials

Well, I could go on forever here, but I have to go give this presentation now.

Looking forward to hearing other peoples favorite publicly accessible
MRI physics
teaching materials!