[Insight-users] Aneurysm segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Feb 15 14:52:52 EST 2010

Hi Guarav,

A) You may want to look at the Curve2DExtractor
     application in InsightApplications.

It uses the Hessian of the image, and a pattern recognition
approach in order to identify points that are close to the
center line of blood vessels.

B) You should also look at the following papers from
     the Insight Journal:

1. "Flux driven medial curve extraction"
    http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/165
    Mellado X., Larrabide I., Hernandez M., Frangi A.
    Pompeu Fabra University, University of Zaragoza

2.  "Fast Marching Minimal Path Extraction in ITK"
     http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/213
     Mueller D.
     Queensland University of Technology

3.   "Generalizing vesselness with respect to dimensionality and shape"
      http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/175
      Antiga L.
      Mario Negri Institute, Italy

C) You may also want to look at the CollidingFronts level
     set filter, if you are allowed to introduce some manual
     intervention in the segmentation process.

   Regards