[Insight-users] Segmentation / Colliding filters and stuff!!

Gaurav Sharda gaurav.sharda.uiowa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:34:24 EST 2010

Hi !

Can you give information about the Colliding level set filter. I mean any
example or sample codes that could help me in understanding the use of this
filter in segmenting brain aneurysm and its corresponding vessel only from
2D cerebral angiograms?

Thanks,
Gaurav.

Luis Ibanez
Hi Gaurav, In order to use this filter you need to pass two seed points, one
4:59 PM (32 minutes ago)
Luis Ibanez to me, insight-users
show details 4:59 PM (32 minutes ago)

Hi Gaurav,

In order to use this filter you need to pass two seed points,
one at each end of the vessel that you want to extract.

You could put one seed point in the aneurysm and the other
in one section of the vessel in which the aneurysm is located.

You will find a source code example on how to use this
class in the file:

     Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/
                     itkCollidingFrontsImageFilterTest.cxx

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Gaurav Sharda
<gaurav.sharda.uiowa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Can you give information about the Colliding level set filter. I mean any
> example or sample codes that could help me in understanding the use of
this
> filter in segmenting brain aneurysm and its corresponding vessel only from
> 2D cerebral angiograms?
>
> Thanks,
> Gaurav.

Reply to all

Gaurav Sharda
Hi! Sounds good. Still a little curious as to what will happen when we pass
t...
5:08 PM (23 minutes ago)

Luis Ibanez
Hi Gaurav, The outcome of the filter will be the sequence of pixels that
trac...
5:21 PM (10 minutes ago)
Luis IbanezLoading...
5:21 PM (11 minutes ago)
Luis Ibanez to me, itk
show details 5:21 PM (11 minutes ago)

Hi Gaurav,

The outcome of the filter will be the sequence of
pixels that trace a line between the two seed points,
and follows the intensities of the image.

If you also need to segment the inflated portion of
the aneurysm, then you could follow up this with a
standard FastMarchingImageFilter segmentation.

This filter is described in the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

and you will find examples in

           Insight/Examples/Segmentation

as well as interactive applications in

    InsightApplications/FastMarchingLevelSet

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Gaurav Sharda
<gaurav.sharda.uiowa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sounds good. Still a little curious as to what will happen when we pass
two
> seed points.
> Will it trace out the region i.e. in this case the aneurysm and the
> corresponding vessel.
> I know am bugging you a lot. Sorry..
>
> And thanks a ton for your help so far.
>
> Thanks,
> Gaurav
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gaurav,
>>
>> In order to use this filter you need to pass two seed points,
>> one at each end of the vessel that you want to extract.
>>
>> You could put one seed point in the aneurysm and the other
>> in one section of the vessel in which the aneurysm is located.
>>
>> You will find a source code example on how to use this
>> class in the file:
>>

>>      Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/
>>                      itkCollidingFrontsImageFilterTest.cxx
>>

>>     Regards,
>>

>>               Luis

>> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Gaurav Sharda
>> <gaurav.sharda.uiowa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi !
>> >
>> > Can you give information about the Colliding level set filter. I mean
>> > any
>> > example or sample codes that could help me in understanding the use of
>> > this
>> > filter in segmenting brain aneurysm and its corresponding vessel only
>> > from
>> > 2D cerebral angiograms?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Gaurav.

>> > Powered by www.kitware.com

>> > Kitware offers ITK Training Courses, for more information visit:
>> > http://www.kitware.com/products/protraining.html
>> >
>> > Please keep messages on-topic and check the ITK FAQ at:
>> > http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Reply to all

Gaurav Sharda
Hi! Yes I need to segment the inflated portion of the aneurysm as well. Will
5:29 PM (3 minutes ago)