[Insight-users] trying to cross compile ITK for iPhone

Kurt Stump stumpk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:44:30 EST 2010

Hi All,

I have seen in the archives that others have tried to cross-compile ITK for
the iPhone but haven't seen that anyone has been able to. I have
successfully been able to install it on OSX 10.6 and  I am currently trying
the iPhone using cmake and toolchains obtained from
here.<http://sites.google.com/site/michaelsafyan/coding/resources/how-to-guides/cross-compile-for-the-iphone/how-to-cross-compile-for-the-iphone-using-cmake>

I am fairly close and get through the configure and generate stages in
cmake, but get the following warning:

Could not find the UUID dev library files on your system (uuid/uuid.h
missing). Using the default internal implementation (it is known to be weak)

even though the header file is in the input directory.

When I try the make command in the build directory, I get a bunch of errors
starting with

iPhone:
Scanning dependencies of target itksysEncodeExecutable
[  0%] Building C object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksysEncodeExecutable.dir/EncodeExecutable.obj
Linking C executable ../../bin/itksysEncodeExecutable
[  0%] Built target itksysEncodeExecutable
Scanning dependencies of target itksysProcessFwd9x
[  0%] Building C object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksysProcessFwd9x.dir/ProcessFwd9x.obj
/Developer/usr/InsightToolkit-3.16.0/Utilities/kwsys/ProcessFwd9x.c:33:21:
error: windows.h: No such file or directory

for OSX 10.6 (which compiles successfully) I get:

Scanning dependencies of target itksys
[  0%] Building C object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/ProcessUNIX.o
[  0%] Building C object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/Base64.o
[  0%] Building C object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/System.o
[  0%] Building CXX object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/Directory.o
[  1%] Building CXX object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/DynamicLoader.o
[  1%] Building CXX object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/Glob.o
[  1%] Building CXX object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/RegularExpression.o
[  1%] Building CXX object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/SystemTools.o
[  1%] Building CXX object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/CommandLineArguments.o
[  1%] Building CXX object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/Registry.o
[  1%] Building CXX object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/itksys.dir/SystemInformation.o
Linking CXX static library ../../bin/libitksys.a
[  1%] Built target itksys
Scanning dependencies of target itkjpeg8
[  1%] Building C object
Utilities/itkjpeg/8/CMakeFiles/itkjpeg8.dir/__/jmemnobs.o

I was wondering if the difference is due to the uuid.h issue that I haven't
resolved, or if it is the fact that the CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME variable is set to
Generic, or if it is something else that I am doing wrong.

Any clue would be greatly appreciated!

Kurt