[Insight-users] Imagemask for registration: possible to create non-structured mask?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Feb 23 17:07:00 EST 2010

Hi Michiel,

0) ITK can register images even if they don't have the same
    origin, spacing, number of pixels or orientation.

1) The error that you are observing is very common.

     Its typical causes are:

         a) Poorly initialized Transform
         b) Optimizer with search parameters that are too aggressive.

     If you see the error message in the first iteration, you must
     suspect that the cause is (a).  If you see the error after several
     iterations of the optimizer, then you must suspect that the
     likely cause is (b).

---

   You must start by providing a reasonable initialization
   for the Transform.

   Are you using any of the Transform initializers ?

   When the transform is initialized correctly, it should be
   possible to resample the Moving image into the coordinate
   system of the Fixed image and see a large overlap between
   them.