[Insight-users] ITK in Paraview Plugin

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 25 16:36:08 EST 2010

It works now when I use TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES, I just did not do it
correctly (I did not provide the lib that is actually build!). Strange
though that the compiler did not seem to care.

There is one issue which is still somewhat annoying. Every Paraview-ITK
filter is now very big (like 7MB). I do not understand why, but that is
really huuuuge! I tried reducing this by moving all the
exporter/importer related code from the ImageBox header into the .cxx
code, but that just made a difference of a view hundred byte.! It didn't
work this way either...

This is really strange, I was so happy that I was able to make the
vtkITKImageBox a shared library and thought that would reduce the size
of the plugins to "normal" levels. In a VTK-only environment these
filters get as big, by the way.

Maybe if you take a look at the code I sent you, you can make out the
reason for this? I am not sure if the commutiy is glad about being able
to easily use ITK Filters in Paraview-Plugins when they are this big...

Best regards,
Christian