[Insight-users] trouble using the bulktransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Feb 28 17:03:52 EST 2010

Hi Erik,

Why are you using a static_cast in ?:

  m_BSplineTransform->SetBulkTransform(
      static_cast<VersorRigid3DTransformType*> (initialTransform));

That static_cast should be necessary.

---

I suspect that the problem is mostly related to
the initialization of the BSpline Transform itself.

Particularly related to the image Direction.

You may want to use the following class:

   Insight/Code/Review/
       itkBSplineDeformableTransformInitializer.h
       itkBSplineDeformableTransformInitializer.txx

That is described in this Insight Journal paper:

"Helper class for initializing the grid parameters of a
 BSpline deformable transform by using an image as reference"
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/216
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/1338

Note that is simply a complement to the use of the
Bulk Transform, not a replacement for it.